A Little About Dr. Wright
Dr. Vonda Wright is an orthopedic surgeon and internationally recognized authority on active aging and mobility. She believes with mobility, smart nutrition and building relationships we can harness our own power to control 70% of our health and aging.
Dr. Wright specializes in sports medicine and is one of only a few female orthopedic surgeons in the United States. She currently serves as the inaugural Chief of Sports Medicine for the Northside Hospital Orthopedic Institute. She is the founding director of the Performance and Research Initiative for Masters Athletes (PRIMA) and was the inaugural Medical Director of the UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex. Her pioneering research in mobility and musculoskeletal aging is changing the way we view and treat the aging process.
Dr. Wright speaks worldwide and has authored four mainstream books, “Fitness After 40: How to Stay Strong at 40, 50, 60 and Beyond”, “Guide to THRIVE: 4 steps to Body, Brains & Bliss”, “Younger in 8 Weeks”, and “Masterful Care of the Aging Athlete”. Her current writing projects include, "Playbook for Raising Healthy Athletes” and “LiveMORE”. In 2013, Dr. Wright ignited a national conversation on Women’s Health via her online and live conference series, Women’s Health Conversations, focused on educating and empowering smart savvy women to make the best health decisions for themselves and those they touch.
Dr. Wright regularly appears on national TV shows including “Dr. Oz” and “The Doctors.” She is frequently quoted in the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, USA Today and U.S. News & World Report, in magazines such as Maxim, Prevention, Fitness, MORE, Runner’s World, Best Life and Arthritis Today, and in numerous online publications.
Upcoming Speaker Engagements
- August 27th: Accenture- Overview of COVID19 and Cardiovascular disease.
- September 9th: AVMD- How to write a non-fiction book series: Purpose & Promise
- September 10th:North Forsyth Business Women- How to be a CEO parent.
- September 14th: SEFOF (Southeast Family Office Forum)- Pivot to Resilience: How to build mental & physical strength.
- September 16th: VMD- How to write a non-fiction book series: Building a cogent TOC.
- September 23th: VMD- How to write a non-fiction book series: How to write a book proposal.
- September 29th: Hightower Advisors- Pivot to Resilience: How to build mental & physical strength.
- September 30th: VMD- How to write a non-fiction book: Making a writing plan,
Book Vonda Wright for a Speaking Engagement
For inquiries on how to book Vonda Wright for speaking events, media appearances, or workshops, use the form below. Please provide the nature of the event, the type and duration of content you desire and your contact information.